bbr marketing Blog
bbr marketing Copywriting/Marketing Internship
Direct Applicants Only – No Recruiters
bbr marketing is on the hunt for a part-time intern. But we don’t want just any old intern. Oh no – we want the perfect intern. Could that be you?
Things to Know About Us We are a boutique firm with a very specific focus: professional services firms. This means accounting firms, law firms, engineering firms, etc. – basically anyone who sells their brain-power and expertise. We are a smaller firm with four employees and a select handful of contractors with whom we work. We are also a virtual firm, meaning we do not have a brick and mortar office and mostly work from our own homes. We convene regularly at the owner’s home office for internal meetings and meet with clients at their offices. As for atmosphere, we love to have a great time when we’re together and try not to take ourselves too seriously. That being said, we do take our client work very seriously and expect any future employees to do the same.
What Will You Be Doing? The lucky new bbr marketing intern will be responsible for helping to create blog posts and copy for bbr marketing’s own blogs as well as client blogs and websites. You’ll be responsible for taking existing copy and updating it, creating entirely new copy based on target subjects and pitching new ideas for potential blog posts and articles for both our firm and our clients.
As needed, you’ll also assist with other projects including basic marketing and project administration, social media management, event planning and newsletter creation and management, just to name a few. We’re always fielding new projects, so it’s never a dull moment around here.
Oh, and just in case you were wondering, yes, this is a paid internship. Hourly rates will be discussed during interviews.
Requirements Obviously we want someone who is eager to work with us, wants to work hard like we do and learn as much as possible. But aside from that needed enthusiasm, we have a few more items that are Must-Have’s:
- Able to dedicate around 10-15 hours a week to bbr marketing. It’s important to have someone who is dedicated, responsive and willing to work hard. We will work with you to set up a schedule that is realistic.
- Access to reliable transportation. Since we’re virtual and often have to go out to meet with clients, it’s necessary to have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to write on an intelligent level. We understand that you might not yet be a poet laureate nor won a Pulitzer (if you have, skip the rest of this and call us now). However, we do want you to be able to write on a higher level than most. Granted, “higher level” is a bit subjective. That’s why we’ll ask you to submit writing samples and create a sample post.
- Ability to research any subject. Not every subject will be simple and straight to the point. We expect you to be proactive and have the ability to do research on your own and learn about subjects that stretch your current knowledge.
- Must be self-directed and able to manage time well. You’re an adult and a professional and we expect you to act like one, especially since you’ll be working from your own home most of the time.
Interested? Next Steps… If you’d like to apply to be bbr marketing’s next intern, please submit a cover letter, resume and some writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to respond to everyone who submits a resume, one way or the other. If you’re selected for an interview, we’ll send you a subject on which to write a sample blog post, to help us gauge your research and writing skills.
We can’t wait to meet our new intern – will it be you?
Leave a Comment