Happy Anniversary bbr marketing!
by Bonnie Buol Ruszczyk, president
The statistics vary depending on your source of information, but all describe the same truth: Starting a small business is quite a risk-filled endeavor. For those in the services industry, like we are, the numbers I’ve seen indicate that only 35-40 percent of new businesses are still around after four years.
Knowing that, it is with a deep sigh of relief and an incredible sense of gratitude that we prepare to celebrate our fourth anniversary in business. So before Kelly, Sarah, and now Rachael and I settle down to smell the roses and nibble on all sorts of fruits (FYI: traditionally, one celebrates a 4-year anniversary with fruits and flowers, who knew?), I’d like to say thank you to everyone who has made this year, and those that preceded it, some of the best yet.
• We officially became an international company with the addition of three new Canadian clients in the last 12 months, BusinessWORKS Chartered Accountants (Calgary), Presley & Partners (greater Vancouver) and most recently Dickson Stojak Brown (greater Vancouver).And what have we been doing with ourselves over the past year? Let’s see…
• We were excited to add our first medical practice recently as well when we created a marketing plan for Atlanta Gynecology and Obstetrics.
• I was shocked and honored to be named one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting by AccountingToday for 2012.
• We launched a plethora of new websites, including Crosley+Company, Jacobs & King, Belin Law Firm and Wallack Law, to name just a few. Look for others to join their ranks in the next few weeks too!
• We have spoken before a variety of groups in numerous locales and gotten to meet some wonderful people at all of them.
I could go on, but it would just get all gushy and then Kelly would have to smack me around. Suffice it to say we have what every small business dreams of, starting with some of the most amazing clients anyone could ask for. We are blessed with a wonderful group of friends that happily refer business to us on a regular basis. And we are supported by a talented group of vendors that are truly members of our family.
It takes a great deal of work, and some days it seems like no amount of work will be enough to get everything done. I’m very tired as I’m heading out on vacation this Thursday, but at the end of the day I love what we do and am proud of what we’ve built. I’ll raise a glass to each and every one of you from my beach chair in Aruba next week!