Coaching & Guidance for Internal Marketing Staff
When I first started working in accounting marketing over 10 years ago, the average tenure for this role was 11 months. And while it has improved a bit over the last decade, it is still often a difficult position to hold. The same is true in other professional services firms as well. There are many reasons for this, including:
- The role is frequently misunderstood and poorly defined.
- The responsibilities are often given to someone with interest but little training or experience.
- Hiring decisions are made with the idea of minimizing cost rather than investing in firm growth.
- Many CPAs, attorneys, engineers and other professional services providers don’t fully understand the impact marketing can have and focus on short-term tasks rather than strategic long-term growth.
- Firms don’t invest in making sure their marketing person has the training and support he or she needs.
All of this can lead to frustration on all sides. But it can work! In many cases, your firm’s marketing person simply needs someone to help them along and partners need someone who can communicate the value of marketing and look at it from a strategic perspective. Having served as a firm marketing director and also created a successful professional services marketing firm, I get it. Let me help by providing experienced guidance and coaching for your internal marketing staff members while at the same time giving partners peace of mind that their firm marketing has a seasoned expert ensuring that growth goals are clearly defined and the tactics used will reap results.