By Bonnie Buol Ruszczyk
Do you really know what your clients think of your firm, staff and services? Would they consider putting their work up for review? Are you meeting all their needs?
Even the best client relationships can be improved. Many times you won’t know when your best clients are unhappy and considering other providers. In a time when clients are looking for the best value for their dollar more than ever, many of your strongest accounts could be at risk, and you won’t know it until it’s too late.
After seeing this happen in the marketplace time and time again, BBR Marketing developed its Client Relationship Check (CRC) program. By engaging your key clients in a meaningful dialogue about the services your firm provides, you walk away with valuable information from which you can make adjustments, offer new services to retain – and improve – your client relationships.
How does it work?
- Step One: BBR Marketing will meet with you to discuss which clients you’d like to have interviewed. We’ll then talk to the client relationship manager to learn about each client’s business, and review the client’s history and state of any open engagements. We’ll also explore any areas where you think there may be risk, and determine the key client contacts to be interviewed.
- Step Two: The client leader will call those clients and introduce BBR Marketing, confirm who should be interviewed and let them know we will be calling.
- Step Three: BBR Marketing schedules appointments with your clients and interviews them with a pre-determined set of questions. Sample questions include:
- How well do we understand your business and its drivers?
- What are your top three expectations and how well have we performed against them?
- How confident are you in the people serving your account – do we have the right people assigned?
- Looking forward, what are your biggest challenges over the next 12 months?
- Step Four: BBR Marketing will debrief account leaders and present a written report on the results of each meeting.
What’s in it for me?
Everyone wants to feel valued, and your clients will know that their business is important to you, and you take their opinions seriously. In addition, you’ll receive valuable feedback about your services and uncover ways to improve them. If an issue arises, you can address it immediately, and you’ll gain a deeper understanding of their expectations and learn if you are meeting and exceeding them.
Often, you’ll discover untapped areas where you can extend your services and add further value to the client as well. Ultimately, your clients will know that you value their relationship and your professional ties will be strengthened.
Why not use internal staff?
Clients are much more likely to speak freely with someone outside of your firm. Even if you use internal staff members that are not on that particular account, they are still put in the awkward situation of sharing potentially uncomfortable news with their supervisors.
Why BBR Marketing?
We have over 20 years of marketing experience, much of it doing client research. Bonnie has also served as a marketing director for a professional services firm, so has first hand knowledge of how firms work and the services they offer. She comes to the table with knowledge of your industry, and can therefore talk with intelligence about the services you offer.
Additionally, the financial investment more than pays for itself. The fee charged per client interviewed is often close to – or less than – the hourly rate you charge your clients. Is it not worth investing that much to uncover this valuable information?
Who do I call?
Contact Bonnie Buol Ruszczyk today at email@example.com or 404-423-4433 to learn more about how this Client Relationship Check program can help you strengthen your client relationships and uncover untapped potential in your market.